We’ve all heard of people making major changes of direction in their career, but modelling tends not to be something we consider moving into during middle age or later life.
The general perception of modelling is that it is a young person’s game, something we do when we are youthful, energetic and just starting out in our working lives.
In today’s world, however, this could not be further from the truth.
At Models Direct, not only do we have models in their teens, 20s and 30s on our books, but we also have babies, toddlers, children and older models.
Many of our models are in their 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s as demand for those who are older is very high…
When you pause to think about it, this is unsurprising.
After all, the world is made up of people of varying ages and those behind advertising, campaigns and promotions have realised their material has to reflect that.
If major brands want people of all ages to buy into whatever it is they are selling or promoting, then they have to have those same people portrayed by models of the right ages.
Becoming a mature model does not have to be all encompassing.
Yes, of course, if you are offered a lot of work and want a busy and fulfilling career, then why not take it on?
But, equally, many of our mature models with Models Direct like to accept an assignment every now and again.
They find it fits in well with their other part-time work, plus any hobbies and pastimes they might have, as well as spending time with family and friends.
There are so many reasons to become a mature model.
Here are just a few:
1. If you have been a model in the past but have had another career, raised a family or been too busy in other areas of your life, it can be an exciting and lucrative pastime to return to.
2. If you have never been a model before, it can provide you with new and interesting experiences later in life.
3. You can take on as much or as little of the work you are offered as you would like – it really is up to you.
4. It is easy to make it fit into your existing lifestyle as assignments just tend to involve a day or two out here and there.
5. You get to meet new and interesting people from all walks of life and of varying ages – senior models may work with other people of a mature age or with those who are younger or older.
6. You may get to see towns, cities and even countries you have never been to before.
7. It gives you the chance to earn a little extra income, which can go towards those special treats or that longed for holiday perhaps.
8. Mature modelling is less competitive – there is high demand for older models and reputable agencies such as Models Direct are therefore always eager to hear from those who are interested.
Find more about the opportunities for mature modelling here.