If you’re keeping up to date with our modelling blogs whenever you get the chance (we totally get how busy and fast-paced life has become again so no sweat if you haven’t been able to catch up!), then you have probably seen that we have a wide range of reads focusing on eating healthily and fitness, alongside all of our Models Direct modelling blogs.
If you were not like Rebel Wilson and declaring 2020 as being the ‘year of health,’ then your lockdowns might have consisted of comfort eating, working from home, inactivity and lack of motivation instead! We’ll inject some healthy eating inspiration as we’re heading towards further ease of restrictions meaning this summer is forecasted to look and feel amazing. So what better way to achieve these goals than by putting nourishing goodness into our bodies and spearheading our lives in the right direction.
Models Direct have 3 simple and easy to follow recipes!
Yes, that’s correct – we’ve added a little twist by bringing you examples of a balanced diet in a practical way (which should help you avoid temptations especially when you are on the go this summer!)
Get fruity with this great lunch idea! Cooking time: 10 minutes.
You will need:
Pinch of cinnamon
Optional: garnish with honey, extra banana, strawberries or other fruit, ground nuts
- Mash the bananas with a fork. Then add the eggs and cinnamon and whisk.
- Butter a heated pan and pour a small, thin amount of the mixture to cook.
- Cook on both sides till golden brown and set aside.
- Assemble your recipe by placing your pancakes on a plate.
- Add toppings of your choice – fresh fruit, ground or finely chopped nuts and a drizzle of honey.
An alternative to your conventional chips.
Cooking time: 40 minutes (but it’s worth it!)
You will need:
2 large celeriac
3-4 tbsp vegetable oil or groundnut
1 tbsp mild curry powder
Sea salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Peel celeriac using a potato peeler for ease. If not, use a sharp knife and place it on a chopping board.
- Cut into chip slices the size of fat chips (which you will find in your frozen aisle section).
- Bring a large, uncovered saucepan to boil; place celeriac pieces and boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain the chips and place back into the saucepan (this again, saves on washing!) and coat with oil, curry powder and sea salt.
- Place sparsely onto baking paper and cook in oven for about 30-35 minutes. Check that they are ready with a skewer or a knife.
Grab a couple of slices of bread and create a tomato filled dream for lunch.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
You will need:
2 slices of bread/buns/roll
1 garlic clove
Salt and pepper
Fresh basil and Italian herbs
- Brush your bread/buns/rolls with olive oil and place them into an oven set at 180 for a few minutes.
- Chop the tomatoes and garlic. Add a drizzle of oil, some salt and pepper to taste and mix.
- Remove the bread from the oven and top them with this tomato paste.
- Garnish with basil and Italian herbs
About our blogs
Reading has boomed during the lockdown and we have adapted accordingly to bring more content to our Models Direct audience and where it is possible, delivering rich value information (just like healthy eating, diets, fitness and exercise) that will benefit you, your family and friends. If you like what you’ve read and haven’t already done so, then subscribe to our blogs which we regularly update to see what’s happening in our world, which could become your world too if you choose to take on modelling!