With more time at home it’s the perfect opportunity to make sure your modelling portfolio is up to date, fresh and full of amazing new photographs showing you at your very best..
The modelling and talent industry never stops, even in these times, shoots are being planned for future dates (Summer and Autumn being our busiest time), clients and casting directors are speaking daily with our booking agents to see what models we have for their up and coming campaign, models and actors are being casted for roles remotely, searches are being sent to big name clients across the UK to plan for shoots later in the year and even assignments are still taking place by following all safety precautions…so now is a better time than ever to make sure you are giving yourself the best possible chance of securing future modelling assignments!
We all know that normally life is non-stop for most of us, it can be difficult to find time to get the images you’d like on your modelling e-portfolio. Take this unique opportunity to grab your camera, get out in the sunshine (in your garden or a room full of natural light), ask for help from a family member or if that’s not possible you can always set your camera on a timer, you will surprise yourself with what you can achieve and the difference it makes to your modelling career!
Helpful tips to get the best pics for your modelling portfolio:
- Always take the pictures in as much natural light as possible. If they are being taken outside, make sure you don’t have the sun behind you or you are squinting into the sun, try and find a shaded area or choose a time when the sun is lower in the sky and the light is softer. If they are being taken in the house, avoid dark corners or low lit rooms, this will make a big difference to the quality of the image.
- Your images do not need to be professional, however it is essential on a portfolio to have a good clear headshot, this means your face almost fills the frame of the image enabling clients to clearly see your facial features. You also need to have a full length shot to show your body shape.
- Spend time planning what you are going to wear in the pictures, what outfit’s represent your personality? What do you feel comfortable in? Try and plan a few different outfits to show your personality and that you are versatile, this helps hugely in commercial modelling. If there is a specific type of modelling you’d like to do make sure you show this in your images, ie, fitness model…wear your gym gear, hand model….clear images of your hands, etc.
- Think about how you are going to pose, you can look up ideas online or practice infront of the mirror, there’s lots of useful information available to help you know what to do when infront of the camera and how to get the best results: if you need some help with posing check out this blog post.
- Plan to do the shoot on a day when you can spend time getting ready, by looking your best you will be sure to feel more confident infront of the camera and therefore be more satisfied with the results.
- Your portfolio is such an important part of your modelling career, make sure you take full advantage of all the features and benefits you are offered with Models Direct. Ideally have approx 15-20 good quality images on there, fill out all your measurements accurately, this could make the difference of being selected for an assignment or not! Also, be sure to add a show-reel if you have one and examples of any previous modelling/acting experience you have, it can really be the deal breaker for some clients.
If you would like any more advice on how to make the best of your portfolio please contact the Models Direct team today who are all available to discuss this with you and help make your portfolio stand out from the rest for all the right reasons!
You can also apply to us today and receive an additional three months of representation for free to modelling clients worldwide!! Click here