The Summer weather is finally here, that means one thing…..location shoots!!
Assignments tend to have a trend depending on season and weather, the weather plays a big part for a client when planning an assignment and of course in the UK it can be very unpredictable.
Models Direct is an international agency, a large majority of our work is UK based however we do have clients located all over the world.
A few helpful pointers to consider when making your application to Models Direct…..
If you have made the decision to apply to be a model then it’s important to make your application stand out above the rest. The Models Direct team have put to together a few helpful pointers to get you started.
How should I look?
- Don’t wear make-up. If you do use it, go for light make-up using simple colours.
- Do not wear any hats, scarves or bandanas.
- If you hair isn’t long enough to tie in a ponytail, hold it back with a clip or band.
Look at magazines and catalogues to get some ideas for a good ‘commercial’ look. The most natural and flattering look is to pose with the head slightly angled. Try not to cut the picture off at any noticeable points, such as the shoulders, elbows, waist, or knees. Cut in between these points to soften the look and suggest continuation of the body.
Hints and tips for better photos
To make the most of photos taken by friends and family, suggest they follow these simple guidelines:
- Avoid ‘camera shake’ by holding the camera steady. Use both hands, resting your elbows on your chest, or on a wall for support. Relax: don’t tense up. You can buy affordable mini-tripods for use with digital cameras that will get rid of camera shake altogether.
- Direct eye contact can be as engaging in a picture as it is in real life. Hold the camera at the model’s eye level to unleash the power of those magnetic gazes and mesmerising smiles. For children, that means stooping to their level. Photos taken at eye level angle will have a personal and inviting feeling that pulls you into the picture.
- A photograph is all about light, so think about how the light is striking the model. The best bet is to ensure that the sun is behind and to one side of the photographer. Lighting the subject from the front brings out colours and shades, whilst the slight angle produces shadow to indicate texture and form.
- The best shots are simple, so move closer and remove any clutter from the picture. Filling the frame with just the face or even overflowing it will give your shot some impact.
Being selected for an assignment is always pretty exciting, but to come away from it with some new pals is a bonus! That’s the case for this handsome trio on their latest assignment with Models Direct!
Alex, Shaun and William were chosen to be the faces of the new clothing brand, Matter Clothing, an active clothing wear company designed for the bold, adventurous and free-spirited, these guys were perfect for the job!
The Models Direct team could see that they had a ball on set and all got on really well, which is fantastic, the feedback from the all was incredible.
As a consumer do you feel you are represented enough in the fashion and advertising industry?
Diversity in the fashion industry is a big conversation and is something that has been talked about alot on blogs, social media and the media itself, but do we feel fashion brands are listening?
Any women who are expecting or have had children will know that modelling is not something that is at the forefront of your mind when you are pregnant!!
Your body changes so much throughout the process and those changes are not always pretty, however the demand for maternity models in the industry has increased due to retailers targeting pregnant women as they are such a large demographic, the best way to do this is for retailers to promote their products, services and clothing on pregnant models! The maternity fashion market is huge and is set to continually grow as women are demanding more variety in their clothing and product choices while being pregnant.