The Summer weather is finally here, that means one thing…..location shoots!!
Assignments tend to have a trend depending on season and weather, the weather plays a big part for a client when planning an assignment and of course in the UK it can be very unpredictable.
Models Direct is an international agency, a large majority of our work is UK based however we do have clients located all over the world.
A few helpful pointers to consider when making your application to Models Direct…..
If you have made the decision to apply to be a model then it’s important to make your application stand out above the rest. The Models Direct team have put to together a few helpful pointers to get you started.
How should I look?
- Don’t wear make-up. If you do use it, go for light make-up using simple colours.
- Do not wear any hats, scarves or bandanas.
- If you hair isn’t long enough to tie in a ponytail, hold it back with a clip or band.
Look at magazines and catalogues to get some ideas for a good ‘commercial’ look. The most natural and flattering look is to pose with the head slightly angled. Try not to cut the picture off at any noticeable points, such as the shoulders, elbows, waist, or knees. Cut in between these points to soften the look and suggest continuation of the body.
Hints and tips for better photos
To make the most of photos taken by friends and family, suggest they follow these simple guidelines:
- Avoid ‘camera shake’ by holding the camera steady. Use both hands, resting your elbows on your chest, or on a wall for support. Relax: don’t tense up. You can buy affordable mini-tripods for use with digital cameras that will get rid of camera shake altogether.
- Direct eye contact can be as engaging in a picture as it is in real life. Hold the camera at the model’s eye level to unleash the power of those magnetic gazes and mesmerising smiles. For children, that means stooping to their level. Photos taken at eye level angle will have a personal and inviting feeling that pulls you into the picture.
- A photograph is all about light, so think about how the light is striking the model. The best bet is to ensure that the sun is behind and to one side of the photographer. Lighting the subject from the front brings out colours and shades, whilst the slight angle produces shadow to indicate texture and form.
- The best shots are simple, so move closer and remove any clutter from the picture. Filling the frame with just the face or even overflowing it will give your shot some impact.
“I’ve worked for RGB Building Supplies for the 4th time, (once a year) I love it. It was really lovely to see everyone, as they are a great team and a lovely company to work for! – Thanks Models Direct!” – Serena
The Models Direct team are delighted for Serena who was selected for a 4th time to promote RGB Building Supplies at the Exeter ToolFair at the Excel again this year in London, Congratulations Serena!
The team at Models Direct work really hard to maintain client relationships and so we are so pleased when they come to us with regular work and select the same models again as they were so impressed with them!
It looks like Serena and the team had alot of fun on this promotional assignment!
Pretty cool to be selected to do an assignment for Deliveroo!! Getting to taste delicious foods while being paid!
The Models Direct
team were delighted four of their models were selected to work with the Deliveroo team creating an online promotional video – they all had so much fun!!
Alex, Charlotte, Naomi and Brody were all selected to take part in a promotional video for Deliveroo, here is what Brody’s mum and Alex said after the assignment:
Promotional assignments can vary massively and Models Direct have placed models in promotional assignments all over the world, some are more exciting than others!
Recently models Deborah and Callum were selected to do some promotional work for the band Erasure and Bright Light Bright Light’s at their latest concert at the Cambridge Corn Exchange, both models were super excited and got to watch the concert too – jobs with perks!!